1-888-InsXprt (467-9778) Quotes@InsuranceExpert.com


Personal lines insurance includes property and casualty insurance products that protect individuals from losses they couldn’t afford to cover on their own. These types of insurance lines make it possible to do things such as driving a car and owning a home without risking financial ruin.

Personal lines insurance includes products such as homeowners insurance, flood insurance, earthquake insurance, renters insurance, automobile insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, umbrella insurance, and long-term care insurance. These insurance products protect individuals and families against potentially crushing financial losses caused by fire, theft, natural disasters, death, accidents, lawsuits, and illness.

(888) 467-9778

Insurance Expert Icon


An expert will take care of you

  • Email
  • Phone
  • Message Us!
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Homeowners insurance protects your home and the things inside it. It has been designed to address a multiple of risks. It is the combination of several coverages to ensure the complete protection of your house and assets.


•  Required by a mortgage lender

•  Protects your property from loss

•  Covers liability exposure from owning a home

•  Covers your personal belongings and external structures on your property

•  Provides coverage if you end up displaced due to a covered claim


Dwelling coverage is the main piece of the policy and provides replacement of the entire structure from the ground up, should there be a total loss.

The coverage amount is not chosen at random; it’s based on what it would take to rebuild the entire structure using materials of the same like-kind or quality. 

Because insurance carriers use a formula to calculate the replacement cost, over-insuring your home will not result in better material or bigger square footage, just a higher annual premium.

Likewise, under-insuring your home because you think the chances of having a total loss are small is also not a good idea. 

Dwelling coverage also includes detached structures, such as sheds, carports, or garages not attached to the home.

This coverage is almost always set at 10% (but can be increased) for the dwelling value.


    Personal property coverage provides coverage for those personal belongings that you’ve accumulated through your lifetime.

    Think of all your clothing, furniture, electronics, jewelry, appliances, etc. No one wants to think about some, or all your worldly possessions stolen or destroyed.

    Personal property coverage is based on an estimate on what you feel your possessions are worth. 

    However, on a standard homeowner’s policy, it’s usually a percentage of the dwelling coverage, anywhere from 50-80% depending on the plan level you choose.


    A good rule to remember when you’re inventorying all your belongings is to keep all receipts for the items you know that need to be replaced.

    If you don’t have receipts, dated pictures showing the items in the home can usually act as proof as well.



    Aside from protecting your home and belongings from unforeseen occurrences, liability coverage is a mandatory coverage that financially protects you from lawsuits or from being held personally responsible for other people’s medical bills if someone was hurt in your home.

    As a homeowner, you are ultimately responsible for what happens on your property, from a party guest getting hurt to a pedestrian who trips on your part of the sidewalk. Liability coverage is a set limit for which an insurance company will pay if you have been held responsible for someone else’s medical bills or if you are being sued. You can avoid most instances where you might need liability coverage by just making sure your house is a safe environment and that the property is not neglected in any way.

    There are many other coverages that can be added for a minimal cost to you, to help protect you from extraordinary costs due to service line disruption, mechanical breakdown, water or sewer back up, and many other costly occurrences. Whether you live in a single-family home, an apartment, a condo, or a townhouse, you’ll want to know you’re protected from the different risks that can happen.


    If you rent an apartment, condo or house, you need renter’s insurance. Renters have a specific set of needs when it comes to insuring their property, since they don’t own the property, they’re living in. Renters need to protect their belongings inside the building as well as themselves from any liability claims. Renters insurance can protect your belongings from fire, burst pipes, and other unexpected events. Depending on the coverage you choose, you can cover the full cost to repair or replace your items.

    Renters insurance is especially important as you are only looking for coverage for your personal property. 

    Landlords and owners are responsible for insuring the building and property around you but what about your possessions? What is protecting your personal property?

    Don’t underestimate the value of your belongings and the potential cost to replace them. Furniture, electronics, clothing etc., need to be protected so you can rent without worry.

    Renters experience higher rates of theft and burglary than homeowners (US Bureau of Justice, 2005 Survey). Three out of four renters do not protect their possessions or personal interests with renter’s insurance. Don’t be a renter without renter’s insurance. For a few dollars a month, you can protect everything you worked hard for. Get your peace of mind today.


    We can help.”As a condo unit owner, you’re responsible for more than just your unit. Did you know condo insurance protects the unit you purchase, your personal property and it provides coverage for “loss assessment.”

    Feeling lost – NO WORRIES!?
    Let our experts guide you and explain what you need. 

    Sometimes, a particularly large claim can exceed a homeowner’s association’s master policy, which covers the buildings themselves. When this happens, the homeowner’s association will turn to the unit owners for help in repairing the buildings and common areas.

    Luckily, there is coverage in most condo policies for this called loss assessment. In the event of a covered claim, your condo insurance will also cover your condo, your personal property, appliances, fixtures, and interior alterations/improvements, and any potential liability claims you may be responsible for by your association. Condo insurance, like homeowner’s insurance, will also let you add specific high-value items to be covered, such as computer equipment, jewelry, fine art, musical instruments, and so on. Be sure to add additional coverage that addresses these issues. 

    You own the condominium of your dreams! What condo insurance policy suits you best? We’ll show you how to select the correct insurance for your needs. Relying on your association to protect your personal property,.. we advise that you may want to think again.

    While the association has a homeowner’s association policy, it does not address the specific needs of the interior of your unit or your personal property.

    Condo Insurance

    • Customized for a condo owner’s specific needs

    • Protects your unit from a loss

    • Covers liability exposure from owning a home

    • Covers your personal belongings not covered by the association’s insurance

    • Provides coverage if you end up displaced due to a claim

    • Coverage for outside property that you are responsible for


    It isn’t typical, but sometimes you’re faced with a situation where you own a single-family home, townhouse, or condo that is unoccupied. Maybe you moved and you have the house on the market. Maybe it is a new purchase but you’re having renovations done first. Whatever the situation is, making sure you have the correct insurance for your vacant dwelling is crucial for protecting your home or investment property.

    One of the biggest concerns for a vacant dwelling is what can happen when the home is empty. Is there a possibility for it to be burglarized? Are the utilities still on? What if a pipe freezes in the winter or the air conditioner leaks in the summer? Your insurance policy is going to factor those items into the policy language as well as the premium.

    A vacant dwelling policy is going to cover the dwelling, perhaps some personal property coverage (if you already have items in the dwelling), and it will provide liability coverage and medical payments to others. 

    The dwelling itself must be properly protected. At a minimum, it must be fully secured and locked. Having an active burglar and fire alarm is even better. Properties with pools, regardless of whether they are fenced in and the fence has a working lock, are considered higher risk and the premium will reflect that.


    It is also important to consider whether you will have any renovations or work done to the property. Vacant properties under construction would require added insurance for the renovations themselves.

    Whether you’re refinishing the floors, installing new cabinets, or performing much more involved, structural renovations, the liability exposure changes based on the more hazardous conditions of people using power tools on your property.

    If you’re moving and leaving your old house empty while you sell it, or you’re going to move into a new location, but you aren’t quite ready yet, see what your options are. You might not need to insure the home as vacant if you’re going to be moving in very soon. Carriers will consider the insurability of the home on a case by case basis so it’s worth asking!


    Imagine being involved in a long and drawn out lawsuit. You’ve exceeded the liability limits that either your auto or homeowner’s policy cover’s or you have no idea how you’ll be able to pay the rest of your legal fees. Then you find out that they all could have been covered by insurance if you had spent only a few extra hundred dollars that year on a personal umbrella policy.


    A personal umbrella policy, or personal liability umbrella policy as it is also referred to, is a policy that provides an extra layer of liability coverage encompassing all properties the insured owns as well as all vehicles/motorcycles/boats, etc. registered to them. Even with higher than average limits of liability on homeowners and personal auto policies, those that are insured are still at risk for liability related incidents that could exceed the policy limits. In order to qualify for an umbrella policy, underlying coverage on cars and homes must meet a minimum limit, so check with your carrier today to see if any changes need to be made to have the umbrella adequately cover both policies.


    Personal umbrella policies cover all liability related occurrences. Coverage limits are provided in increments of one million dollars, up to five million dollars total. It exists for the purpose of protecting the insured against the excess cost of lawsuits due to car accidents or incidents where someone is hurt on the insured’s property.

    It covers anything above and beyond the liability limits you are already insured for under your auto and homeowner’s policies. For example, if someone falls down a flight of stairs in your home and chooses to sue you, your personal liability umbrella will not be effective until the cost to defend yourself exceeds the limit of liability you have on your homeowner’s policy.


    A personal umbrella policy is needed when there are a greater number of risks to insure.

    Here are a few examples:

    • Many different types of vehicles all belonging to the same named insured (boats, RVs, ATVs, cars, motorcycles, etc.) means different levels of liability coverage per vehicle. Wouldn’t it be nice to know you have an extra million or two in coverage available in case something catastrophic happens?

    • Big families with many drivers on the same policy. More drivers on the road at any given time means a greater chance that there could be a mishap.

    • Families with young and inexperienced drivers. Lack of experience and some initial nervousness could lead younger drivers to be involved in an accident.

    • Families with very elderly drivers. Elderly drivers can have diminished eyesight, especially when driving at night, and slower reflexes, resulting in car crashes.

    •  An insured that owns several properties and rents them out. If a renter moves into a property you own and gets hurt due to your negligence of the property’s upkeep, they could sue you.


    When it comes to car insurance, you’ve got plenty of options, from collision and comprehensive to rental and towing. With simple definitions, we can help you find the right coverage. We’ll also help you find out how much auto insurance you really need.

    Liability for Bodily Injury (BI) Bodily Injury or as it is referred to as BI is the first coverage you will see in your policy documents that provide the coverage information.

    This is liability coverage in case a person is injured in an accident. If that happens the person may need medical attention. BI provides a defined dollar amount to cover medical bills and the costs of attorneys.

    Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Medical Expense – This extension of car insurance provides medical payments and even lost wages due to an accident no matter the fault.

    This coverage is mandatory in 13 states: The District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, and Utah.

    PIP has the option to be primary or secondary on the policy. Check with your health insurance plan if allowed. PIP will also come with a deductible.

    Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist BI and PD – Provides coverage for yourself and other parties resulting from an accident where the at-fault party does not have high enough limits to adequately cover you or no coverage. If you find yourself in an accident with someone who does not have insurance or is carrying the state minimum requirements you are left wondering who will take care of the payments for property damage or bodily injury. Uninsured or underinsured coverage is your answer filling in the blanks that others left out.

    Comprehensive – Coverage for theft, Fire Wind, Hail, Flood, Vandalism, or hitting an animal. The claim is covered subject to a deductible. For times where an outside force other than a vehicle damages your car. Like hitting a deer that runs out into the street or a tree or branch falling onto your car. You need to be able to fix or replace the damage done. The raising and lowering of the deductible will affect the price of the coverage. There is a separate deductible for glass coverage.

    Collision – Coverage for hitting another vehicle, building or otherwise stationary object. The claim is covered subject to a deductible. When you have a collision with an object like a building, parking lot light post or fire hydrant this part of auto insurance will help address the need to repair or replace. The raising and lowering of the deductible will affect the price of coverage.

    Rental Reimbursement – Coverage for the required use of a rental car due to an accident. The carrier will cover up to a certain amount per day, up to a certain amount total ($30/day up to $1,500 Max). This coverage is optional and depends on the insured.

    Towing / Roadside Assistance per Disablement – Coverage for a specific dollar value for any roadside service/towing required. Includes but not limited to towing to the nearest facility, battery charge, replacement, locksmith service etc. This is an optional coverage but recommended as it’s usually only amounts to a small additional premium. 


    When the open road is a way of life, we understand that you want coverage designed for the way you live. If you’re riding a Harley-Davidson, Yamaha or Honda we are going to go the extra mile to protect you and your motorcycle. If you ride a Cruiser, SuperSport, Touring, Dual Purpose, Standard, Scooter, Dirt Bike, Trike Conversion, Moped, Scooter, Golf cart, Segway or Classic Motorcycles we have you covered headlight to taillight. 

    Liability and Physical Damage – When operating your motorcycle or scooter there is a possibility for bodily injury (BI) or property damage (PD) to occur. Liability insurance will provide a dollar amount in legal coverage, liability arising from loss of life or damage to someone else’s property as a result in ownership or operation of your vehicle. Physical Damage will provide a dollar amount to repair or replace the vehicle, gear, personal property and other if it is damaged by a peril covered in the policy. Be sure to look for coverage that extends to cover your bike or scooter while it is stored or transporting by a trailer.

    Collision coverage –
    helps pay to repair or replace your motorcycle or scooter if it is damaged in a collision with another vehicle or object.

    Comprehensive coverage –
    incidents such as fire, theft or vandalism, where your scooter or motorcycle is damaged comprehensive coverage helps pay the related repair costs.

    Uninsured / Underinsured motorist coverage – You can’t count on everyone having the best gold plan insurance. If you are hit by a driver who is underinsured or has no insurance at all. This is the cover part that protects you and your ride for such an instance. Your bike is no ordinary vehicle, make riding on the open road the only thought you have.

    Guest Passenger Liability – Covers passengers if they are injured in an accident while riding on your motorcycle.

    Replacement Cost Coverage and Total loss coverage  – Full replacement cost and no depreciation for parts for a brand-new bike.

    Roadside service – Also known as motorbike roadside assistance, provides coverage for services and minor repairs needed to get your bike back on the road after a malfunction. 


    Boat insurance is not required in all states. However, if you finance your boat or dock it at a marina, you may be required to have a specialty boat policy.

    Every boater should have insurance, even if it is not required. As you put time and energy into your vessel it’s value to you will rise. Your boat is an investment so let’s protect it properly.

    Every boat is different and with the options, we provide you can choose the exact coverages you need and leave out the ones you don’t. Off the water, you may be able to insure your boat on your homeowner’s policy. But homeowner’s policies typically cover small low-powered watercraft and offer few optional coverages. That’s why so many boaters choose specialized policies. With us, you’ll get all the coverages listed above (or the option to select them).

    Bodily injury & property damage liability (BI/PD) – Bodily injury liability covers you if you’re in a boat accident and liable for injuring others. Liability boat insurance also pays to repair or replace any watercraft, object or other property you damage while boating, plus legal expenses if you’re sued.

    Comprehensive & Collision – These are two separate coverages. Comprehensive covers events out of your control, such as theft, vandalism, sunken boat, fires, heavy winds, hurricanes, and other weather-related damage. Collision covers damage from boating accidents, such as hitting a submerged object, dock, another boat, and even covers any injuries to pets on your boat, etc.

    Uninsured/underinsured boater (UB/UIB) – If you’re hit by a boater with no insurance or not enough insurance, UB/UIB will pay for your injuries and damages up to your policy’s limits.

    Full replacement cost – If you carry comprehensive and collision coverage, we’ll pay what it costs to return your watercraft to its pre-accident condition or better. If we can’t repair it, we’ll replace it.



    Fuel spill – Pays for fuel spills, no matter how the spill happened: sunken boat, leaking tank, or a mishap at the fueling station.

    Wreckage removal – If your boat sinks, we’ll cover the cost of removing your boat from the water (if removal is legally required).

    Roadside assistance – This coverage comes standard if you have trailer coverage on your policy—we’ll pay to tow your disabled vehicle to the nearest repair shop. If you’re hauling your boat to the lake, and your vehicle breaks down or runs out of gas. We’ll pay to tow your vehicle and watercraft to the nearest repair shop.

    Water sports coverage – Water sports coverage pays for any injuries or damages you caused from tubing, knee boarding, wake boarding, wake surfing or other similar activities. Parasailing, kite boarding or other activities in which someone is pulled through the air won’t be covered.

    Total loss replacement – Available for purchase if you’re the original owner of your boat and it’s no more than one model year old. If your boat is totaled within 5 model years, we’ll buy you a new one or give you the amount that you originally paid for your totaled boat—your choice. If you’re outside the 5 model-year window, we will still give you the original purchase price of your boat.

    Water towing – If your boat is disabled or breaks down on the water, boat towing insurance pays for on-water towing, jump starts, soft un-groundings, and fuel delivery if your boat is disabled on the water.

    Fishing equipment or carry-on items – You can get full replacement cost up to $10,000 for fishing equipment and up to $5,000 for personal property such as scuba gear, phones or other items that you carry on board and are lost or stolen.

    Mechanical breakdown coverage – We’ll pay to repair or replace the lower unit of an outboard motor, or upper & lower units of an inboard/outboard motor if you have a mechanical breakdown. And yes, we’ll still cover it if it’s caused by general wear and tear.

    Medical payments – You can pick a range of coverage limits to pay for you and your passengers’ medical bills if you’re in an accident or someone is hurt on your boat.

    Trailer trip interruption – Pays your expenses if you break down at least 100 miles from home. We’ll reimburse you up to $500 to cover food, hotel, and other transportation costs. 


    Whether you’re jumping dunes or mud dragging, you can protect your dream with an ATV insurance policy. We cover all your toys, ATVs (All Terrain Vehicles), Side by side, UTVs (Utility vehicle), Dune buggies, golf carts, go-karts, trail bikes, Off-road vehicle, 4X4, Four Wheelers and more.


    It can be required by law depending on which state you are in. Check with your state vehicle commission to find if liability insurance is required to register and operate the vehicle. Help protect your all-terrain vehicle and yourself from the unexpected.  

    Accidents can involve damage to other people’s property, bodily injury, payments for repairs or medical bills. Unless you want to pay out of pocket for damage done to your ATV in an accident, you need collision coverage. 

    How to cover your ATVs:

    Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability, Collision, Comprehensive, Uninsured / Underinsured Motorist are just some of the different coverage parts included on your ATV insurance policy. Be sure to protect Tires, Helmets, and Accessories. Add lighting protection for when things get wild. Anti-Theft devices can be added at a rate discount. Don’t rely on your homeowners or auto insurance for coverage. There is a limit on how far coverage extends to your ATVs or other motorized recreational vehicles. It is common to see coverage for transporting the vehicle but not much for its operation.


    It can be difficult to find the right coverage for your collector car. If you have a single classic or a prized collection, we will show you how to best protect them.

    Collector Cars need special insurance that takes in account the car’s age, rarity, value, unique features, limited use and limited availability of parts and service.

    These cars are different than a daily use car and need insurance to be different as well. We lay all the options out so you can get exactly what you need at the price you want putting you in the driver seat keeping your passion for classic cars alive.


    Muscle Cars, Classic cars, antiques, exotics, street rods, customs, Kit Cars, Cobra Replicas, Race Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, Military Vehicles, Tractors, Fire Engines, Restorations in process.

    Look for these features to get the most out of your collector car insurance:

    •  Nationwide Roadside assistance

    •  Foreign Transport Coverage

    • Full Safety Glass Coverage

    •  Special comprehensive and collision coverage

    •  Broad usage allowance

    •  Mileage plans that include unlimited miles

    •  Deductible options • Flexible Payment Options

    •  Classic car parts and equipment coverage


    Your collector car is an investment not only in the physical car but an investment in time and effort.  Rebuilding, restoring or bought at auction these cars tend to be of higher value than cars you can buy of a lot. Collector car insurance policies know what it means to take care of specialty cars and creates coverage for those special needs.  Such as hard to find spare parts, expensive paint jobs, custom interior or exterior work and other coverage parts unique to collector cars.