InsuranceExpert.com is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
InsuranceExpert.com may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was updated April 14, 2020.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and email address
- usage data such as, IP address, operating system, browser information, and links used to get to certain pages on our site. We use this information to inspect, analyze, and to improve our site and user experience
- demographic information, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Requesting an Insurance Quote
To get an insurance quote, you need to supply certain personal information such as, your date of birth, gender, occupation, address, smoking status, height and weight, certain family history, certain health history, certain driving history, and your citizenship status and/or other information. We use this information to calculate the estimates for the coverage you request.
Other uses of personal information
In addition to the above, we may use your personal information to:
- Help underwrite and provide accurate insurance premium rate quotes
- Provide insurers with the required information for applications
- Provide or offer other financial and consumer products and services from partners with whom we have entered into a joint marketing agreement
- Provide, maintain or improve our customer service
- Tailor your experience with other possible services that might interest you
- Respond to your inquiries
- Communicate with you regarding insurance products as well as other products and services that may be of interest to you
Use of your personal information for compliance and protection
We may use your personal information to:
- Comply with applicable laws, and lawful requests
- Protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property
- Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies
- Enforce the terms and conditions that govern our services
- Prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
How we share your information
If you signup or use newsletters, email, and chat
You may sign up for email newsletters, or email or chat with us on our site by providing your name and email address. In connection with our marketing campaigns, we also collect and use information about your engagement with our marketing emails to make sure our email efforts are of relevance to you.
How do we protect your information?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our Sites use HTTPS and SSL protocols, and transmissions from the Sites to our servers use TLS encryption standard or better. Vendors who receive personal information from us are contractually obligated to impose no less than reasonable security measures on their storage infrastructure, and in any case no lesser measures than they use for their own data.
While we take commercially reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction, we cannot guarantee perfect security – no internet-based service can. No security system is impenetrable. Despite our security measures, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet.
We abide by Facebook’s Data Use Restrictions.
- Any ad data collected, received or derived from our Facebook ad (“Facebook advertising data”) is only shared with someone acting on our behalf, such as our service provider. We are responsible for ensuring that our service providers protect any Facebook advertising data or any other information obtained from us, limit our use of all of that information, and keep it confidential and secure.
- We do not use Facebook advertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns, or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except on an aggregate and anonymous basis (unless authorized by Facebook) and only to assess the performance and effectiveness of our Facebook advertising campaigns.
- We do not use Facebook advertising data, including the targeting criteria for a Facebook ad, to build, append to, edit, influence, or augment user profiles, including profiles associated with any mobile device identifier or other unique identifier that identifies any particular user, browser, computer or device.
- We do not transfer any Facebook advertising data (including anonymous, aggregate, or derived data) to any ad network, ad exchange, data broker or other advertising or monetization related service.
We use a tool called “Google Analytics” to collect information about use of this site. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit this site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this site.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Opting out: Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page.
- You can opt out by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, simply do not fill out the form and select the “x” to close out the box.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Opt-Out of Online tracking
InsuranceExpert.com uses services provided by Google, Facebook and other companies that use tracking technology as part of advertising. As mentioned before, tracking technologies collect data directly from your device (information such as your browsing activities, your interactions with websites, and the device you are using to connect to the Internet). If this makes you uncomfortable, no problem. Here are ways you can opt-out or limit tracking services:
Block cookies allowed by your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings.
Mobile Device Settings: your mobile device may provide functionality to block or limit the use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
Advertising Partners: The following advertising partners offer opt-out features or use limits that let you opt-out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
- Google: https://adssettings.google.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/personalization
- Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/615366948510230
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/62931/manage-advertising-preferences?lang=en
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at Quotes@InsuranceExpert.com and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
485 Underhill Blvd, Suite 101
Syosset, New York 11791, USA
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have established business relationships with us may choose to opt out of our sharing their personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and you wish to opt out; or you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
We are required by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) to provide to California residents an explanation of how we collect, use and share their personal Information, and of the rights and choices we offer California residents regarding our handling of their personal information.
Under the CCPA, this Notice to California Residents and the privacy practices and rights it describes do not apply to the information we collect, use or disclose about Visitors and Members when they initiate the process of applying for our financial products or services (i.e., applying for insurance). This is because this information is subject to the federal Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”), and implementing regulations, or the California Financial Information Privacy Act (“FIPA”), or to information related to our business contacts. The GLBA and/or FIPA governs the information of Visitors and Members who initiated the process of applying for our financial products or services.
California Residents’ Privacy Rights
The CCPA grants you the following rights:
- You can request information about how we have collected, used and shared your Personal Information during the past 12 months.
- You can request a copy of the personal information that we maintain about you.
- You can ask us to delete the personal information that we collected or maintain about you.
Please note that the CCPA limits these rights by, prohibiting us from providing certain sensitive information in response to an access request and limiting the circumstances in which we must comply with a deletion request. If we deny your request, we will communicate our decision to you. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination.
Requesting your information:
To request access to or deletion of personal information: email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Identity verification: The CCPA requires us to verify the identity of the individual submitting a request to access or delete personal information before providing a substantive response to the request.
Authorized agents: California residents can empower an “authorized agent” to submit requests on their behalf. We will require the authorized agent to have a written authorization confirming that authority.
Site Visitors from Outside the United States
InsuranceExpert.com provides its Sites and Services for use by U.S. residents, and abides by U.S. law. If you are visiting our site or use any of our services, your information will be maintained in the U.S. and in other locations where we may process data.